Chem-Dry’s main goal is to help its franchise owners grow the most profitable businesses possible, and marketing is the best way to quickly accomplish that goal.
Gone are the days when you could run an ad in the Yellow Pages, make calls to a few important people, then sit back and wait for the jobs to pour in. Today, marketing a business like a Chem-Dry franchise requires a sophisticated understanding of how to leverage the Internet and social media as a marketing tool. We help you rank high in visibility on Internet searches and on high volume on tools like Google Places, where consumers now go to find vendors they can research and learn to trust.
Chem-Dry further provides its franchisees with all the tools they need to aggressively market their businesses locally to get the phones ringing. We can provide you with postcards, magnets, business cards, stickers, brochures, door hangars, invoices, envelopes, calendars and email blasts
Franchise Development Director, John Green, has over 30 years experience in sales and marketing, with 24 of those years in the Franchising industry. He served for over 10 years as chair, and is currently on the board of the Irish Franchise Association.
Our marketing director, Ed Quinlan, has more than 15 years of experience in the field and exceptional skill at using cross media and networking to increase local market share. He oversees a department that has worked out a systematic approach to building a database of repeat customers who over the years form the backbone of your business.
Recently we set up our Chem-Dry University, which is available to all franchisees 24/7/365. Each franchise is given their own unique user ID and password. The site is ideal for training new staff, and it is a handy reference point for updated training for existing staff, whether they be customer service representatives, or cleaning technicians. On the site you will find sample telephone and sales scripts and helpful hints for building your business.
The University site is an incredible tool, especially for a beginning franchisee. When you go into business as a Chem-Dry franchise owner, there is a lot to know. You’ll be concentrating on getting out to the customer and doing your job as well and thoroughly as you can, as we’ll have shown you how to. In addition to that you will have the marketing Tool Box, which is packed full of marketing ideas, and sample adverts that you can customize for your own franchise. it’a an increditable source of business ideas and information designed to help you grow your business from day one.
Our other marketing resources:
● Marketing Toolbox: A convenient online center packed with images, photos and illustrations you can use to create your own local advertisements, plus templates your local graphic artists can customize, and other resources.
● Franchise Website: Chem-Dry provides each franchise with a customizable website local owners can use to lure online traffic.
● Marketing Diagnostic: This tool represents an innovation in online resources for franchise systems. Franchise owners can access the toolbox and evaluate their businesses’ success compared to standardized benchmarks and diagnose areas where improvements are needed.
● Franchise Marketing Packet. A handy packet with announcement cards, door hangers, brochures and other basic materials you need to spread the word about your new business.
● CRM Tool. Our Customer Relationship Management tool is a web-based program used for billing and scheduling customers, managing invoices and accounting software and gauging customer satisfaction.
Our goal in marketing is to build each franchise a strong, deep, loyal customer base who cleans multiple times a year. Repeat customers cost far less money and time to reach than new customers. Five years in, we want to see 70 percent of a franchise owner’s business come from an existing database of repeat customers; by then, a fully developed, robust customer database should have 2,500 names, and only one of 10 customers should be a first-timer. The other nine should come from repeat business and referrals. Franchise owners who follow our marketing strategy usually reach that goal.